Paris Hilton Signs With Cash Money; Second Album to Feature Lil Wayne
The Afrojack-produced release is expected out this summer and is said to be house music-heavy.
Paris Hilton will be releasing her second album on Cash Money, the label co-founded and operated by Ronald "Slim" Williams and Bryan "Birdman" Williams and home to rappers Nicki Minaj, Drake and Lil Wayne.
The news was first revealed in a party report filed from Cannes by Showbiz411's Roger Friedman this past Sunday night but didn't begin to spread until Birdman's confirming tweet sent earlier this afternoon. It's been re-tweeted more than 1,400 times.
Speaking to Friedman, Hilton said the record will be produced by Afrojack and feature her new labelmate Lil Wayne. It's little surprise that, following the EDM boom of the past several years, Hilton said that the record is "really going to be house music."
Even less of a surprise considering that, during Coachella last year, Afrojack spoke to Billboard about giving the socialite some dance tracks to work with. "She's been going out to raves for 15 years she told me -- ever since she was a little kid -- and she loves dance music, so I gave her some dance tracks."
In February, Hilton revealed that the album would be out this summer and also include collaborations with LMFAO and Flo Rida.
Hilton's first record, Paris, was released in 2006 by Warner Bros. and boasted the hitmakers Scott Storch and Dr. Luke behind the knobs and a guest appearance by Fat Joe. Paris debuted and peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 198,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The record also spawned the hit single "Stars Are Blind," which has sold 559,000 downloads and reached No. 18 on the Billboard Hot 100. Two further tracks from the album visited the charts: "Turn It Up" and "Nothing In This World." "Turn," like "Stars," reached No. 1 on the Dance Club/Play Songs chart, while "Nothing" climbed to No. 12.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David