Paul McCartney’s Son Hints at a Beatles Reboot
James McCartney suggests that progeny of the other members -- including Sean Lennon and Dhani Harrison -- would be into a next-generation revival of the Fab Four.
James McCartney, the 34-year-old son of Beatles singer Paul McCartney, hinted at the possibility of reviving the band – a sort of “Beatles: The Next Generation” -- via one of each member’s children. Speaking Monday in an interview with the BBC, McCartney admitted that not all of his fellow Beatles progeny would necessarily be into it but said it could happen one day.
"I don't think it's something that Zak wants to do. Maybe Jason would want to do it,” McCartney said, referring to Zak and Jason Starkey, Ringo Starr’s sons. “I'd be up for it. Sean [Lennon] seemed to be into it, Dhani [Harrison] seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it.”
McCartney is in the process of launching his own career after performing on two of his father’s albums. Lennon has sustained a successful music career since the late 1990s, and Harrison has quietly mounted a musical career in the wake of his father’s 2001 death, completing George’s Brainwashed record and then developing his own projects. Zak Starkey is an unofficial member of The Who, having performed and recorded with that band since 1996.
When pressed on whether the band realistically could happen, McCartney said: "Yeah, hopefully, naturally. I don't know, you'd have to wait and see. The will of God, nature's support, I guess. So yeah, maybe."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami