Paul McCartney Joins Instagram, Debuts 'New' Song
The legendary rocker uses social media to reveal details about his forthcoming album.
Paul McCartney is revealing his new music in a very new way.
The former Beatle joined Instagram on Wednesday and in his first two posts revealed that new music is on the horizon. The song teased is appropriately titled "New."
The single is now available on iTunes and, according to a post on McCartney's website, precedes a forthcoming album of the same name. New is due out on Oct. 14 in the U.K. and Oct. 15 in the U.S. and will be his first album of new solo material in six years.
"We can do whatever we want, we can live as we choose," McCartney said in a statement about the song. Listen below.
McCartney made his announcement official after news of the New music leaked online earlier this week.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Emily Ratajkowski Shows Off Her Long Legs at Golden Globes Award Season Celebration
- Michelle Monaghan & James Marsden Have a 'Best of Me' Reunion at Golden Globe Award Season Celebration
- Hilary Duff Reveals Why She Supports March of Dimes
- Nikki Reed Celebrates The Golden Globes With Amanda Crew & Gina Rodriguez