Paul McCartney Joins Instagram, Debuts 'New' Song
The legendary rocker uses social media to reveal details about his forthcoming album.
Paul McCartney is revealing his new music in a very new way.
The former Beatle joined Instagram on Wednesday and in his first two posts revealed that new music is on the horizon. The song teased is appropriately titled "New."
The single is now available on iTunes and, according to a post on McCartney's website, precedes a forthcoming album of the same name. New is due out on Oct. 14 in the U.K. and Oct. 15 in the U.S. and will be his first album of new solo material in six years.
"We can do whatever we want, we can live as we choose," McCartney said in a statement about the song. Listen below.
McCartney made his announcement official after news of the New music leaked online earlier this week.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)