Paul McCartney Reunites Nirvana, This Time in Seattle (Video)
The group, which paired the former Beatle with Krist Novoselic, Dave Grohl and Pat Smear for a benefit concert last year, gives an encore on Friday night.
The Paul McCartney-fronted version of Nirvana is back. And this time they've regrouped in Seattle.
During his "Out There" North American tour, the former Beatle played at Safeco Field on Friday night where he was joined by Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear of the grunge band, the Seattle Times reports.
The group initially played together at the nationally televised 12-12-12 benefit concert last year and then performed again on Saturday Night Live the same month. In Seattle, they performed their new song "Cut Me Some Slack" as well as selections from Beatles, Wings and Nirvana.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)