Paul McCartney's 'New' Single, Album Release Date Sneaks Online
The music legend's next album appears to be called "New" and is due out in the fall.
Paul McCartney teased fans on Twitter on Wednesday, posting a list of words that go with "new": "lyweds," "fangled," "Orleans" and so on.
But he wasn't just teasing. New appears to be the name of the former Beatle's latest track, a bouncy song in the horn-aided vein of the classic "Got to Get You Into My Life."
The song went online alongside a deluxe album pre-order on iTunes Brazil: the deluxe edition of the upcoming set, apparently also titled New, contains 14 tracks and is due Oct. 14 in the region, making a U.S. fall release all but certain.
According to Rolling Stone, McCartney's been working with a number of producers in recent months, including Ethan Johns, Mark Ronson, Paul Epworth and Giles Martin, whose work made the cut but has yet to be announced.
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Ryan Reynolds Plays 'Egg Russian Roulette,' Cate Blanchett Finally Explains '#SuckIt' (VIDEO)
- James Bond Movies, Ranked From Worst to Best
- 'Sharknado 3' Snags Mark Cuban, Jerry Springer, Bo Derek, and More
- Calling All 'Divergent Series: Insurgent' Fans! Have We Got a Giveaway for You...
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Natalie Dormer Stars in Hozier's New Music Video for 'Someone New' - Watch Here!
- Shia LaBeouf's Rattail Continues to Have the Web Buzzing