Paul McCartney's 'New' Single, Album Release Date Sneaks Online
The music legend's next album appears to be called "New" and is due out in the fall.
Paul McCartney teased fans on Twitter on Wednesday, posting a list of words that go with "new": "lyweds," "fangled," "Orleans" and so on.
But he wasn't just teasing. New appears to be the name of the former Beatle's latest track, a bouncy song in the horn-aided vein of the classic "Got to Get You Into My Life."
The song went online alongside a deluxe album pre-order on iTunes Brazil: the deluxe edition of the upcoming set, apparently also titled New, contains 14 tracks and is due Oct. 14 in the region, making a U.S. fall release all but certain.
According to Rolling Stone, McCartney's been working with a number of producers in recent months, including Ethan Johns, Mark Ronson, Paul Epworth and Giles Martin, whose work made the cut but has yet to be announced.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 'Nutcracker Rouge' Puts A Sexy, 'Baroque-Burlesque' Twist On The Classic Christmas Ballet
- Celebrities Do Their Worst British And American Accents, Succeed Effortlessly
- U.S. Investigation Finds North Korea Was Responsible For Sony Hack
- Why Is Katie Couric Giving Stephen Collins a Forum to Defend Sexual Abuse?
- Quvenzhané Wallis Facts: 10 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Annie' Star
- Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens on 'The Hobbit,' a Missing Elf, and What's Next (EXCLUSIVE)
- Best of Late Night TV: Orlando Bloom Wants 'Hobbit' Porno, Amy Adams Struggles at 'Holiday Flip Cup' (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Poses with Velociraptor in 'Jurassic World' Holiday Greeting