Pink Consoles Crying Child, Scolds Fighting Concertgoers at Hometown Show (Video)
"Cut it out -- you are all grown-ass women," the singer chided two attendees during a performance in Philadelphia.
Pink is a rock star, but her mothering instincts were sharp as ever as the singer stopped midsong at a show Sunday in Philadelphia because she heard the sobs of a little girl in the crowd.
The Pennsylvania native -- who is on the road with her The Truth About Love tour -- was in the middle of an acoustic performance of “Who Knew” from her 2006 album, I’m Not Dead, when she suddenly stopped.
“Is everything OK right here? Why is she crying?” she asked a woman in the crowd, referencing a young girl nearby. “Why is she upset?”
The answer -- two women were fighting in the crowd -- did not please the singer, who had referenced her own nearly 2-year-old daughter, Willow, several times throughout the night.
“You all are fighting around a little girl?” Pink chided.
The 33-year-old pop-star immediately rose to the occasion, offering the child a Rice Krispies Treat and a toy frog, one of many gifts fans brought for the singer and her daughter.
“First of all, you look beautiful,” she told the girl, who was carried to the front of the stage. “Rice Krispies Treats make everything better.”
She then offered the child some big-sisterly advice -- “cry when you’re older” -- before turning her attention to the offenders.
“Cut it out -- you are all grown-ass women,” she said.
She did manage to inject some humor into the situation before starting the song again from the top.
“My mom tried to beat up a lady at a school once, and I thought that was kind of cool,” she said. (Her mother, Judy Moore, just so happened to be in the audience that evening, and even prepared a tray of treats for her daughter to enjoy -- and share -- from the stage.)
The musician added that since becoming a mother, she was getting "soft" and therefore performed a clean version of "Perfect," saying that she felt uncomfortable using bad language with young fans in the audience.
The evening was a family affair for Pink, whose father also attended the March 17 show at the Wells Fargo Center. Also in attendance was comedian Wanda Sykes, who watched from backstage.
Watch the entire clip below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Spooky Shocker
- This Is What 'Forrest Gump' Would Look Like If Wes Anderson Directed It (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o & Scarlett Johansson Lend Their Voices to 'The Jungle Book'
- The Third 'Hobbit' Movie Has a New Subtitle: 'The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!