Pink Fan Sends 'Bomb' Tweet, Gets Ejected From Concert, Arrested
The Australian teenager is facing criminal charges after he was nabbed by staffers at the Melbourne arena where the pop star was performing.
An Australian teenager is facing criminal charges after he tweeted about bringing a “bomb” to a Pink concert.
The sixteen-year-old was ejected from Pink’s Sunday night show at Rod Laver Arena after he sent the ill-advised tweet. As the Philadelphia-raised pop icon arrived on stage, the fan tweeted: "@Pink I'm ready with my Bomb. Time to blowup #RodLaverArena Bitch."
Staff at the Melbourne arena apparently identified the boy by his Twitter profile picture. Police arrested the teen, but he was released and is expected to be charged on summons.
The boy fronted the media today and explained that the tweet was an innocent reference to Pink's song “Timebomb,” a bonus track lifted from her latest album The Truth About Love. "It was meant to be about drop the effects, the music, everything -- just drop it all," he said.
The tweet has since been deleted.
Pink's tour of Australia is a blockbuster, and her stint in Melbourne is a record-breaker. The city’s 15,000 capacity arena is to host a record 18 Pink shows this month and next, beating the previous best run for the venue (17), which she set herself on the 2009 Funhouse trek.
An official Pink pop-up store has now opened in central Melbourne -- her first anywhere in the world.
By the time her 46-date The Truth About Love tour of Australia winds up, Pink will have played to some 500,000 fans, according to promoter Live Nation.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'