Pixies Part Ways With New Bassist
Kim Shattuck had joined the band in July after founding member Kim Deal exited.
The Pixies have parted ways with recently added bassist Kim Shattuck.
"Super disappointed to learn that my time with the Pixies ended today," Shattuck wrote Friday on Facebook (via Pitchfork). "Amazing experience. Looking forward to focusing my attention back on the Muffs and our upcoming new album. All the best to everyone."
In July, the veteran punk band announced the addition of Shattuck (The Muffs, The Pandoras) to the lineup as a bassist and backing vocalist prior to beginning a world tour.
A month prior, The Pixies had parted ways with founding bassist Kim Deal, who had made the decision to exit the band.
In January, The Pixies tour makes its way to North America for more than two dozen dates scheduled in Canada and the United States over two months.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties