'Portlandia' Stages an MTV Takeover Coup with Former MTV News Anchors (Video)
Kurt Loder, Tabitha Soren and Matt Pinfield are recruited to take back the music channel.
MTV may be a shadow of its former, music-centric self these days, but it's nothing a staged coup of the cable channel can't fix.
At least that's how things play out in "Take Back MTV," a sketch fantasy from Portlandia's Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein in which they recruit former MTV talking heads Kurt Loder, Tabitha Soren and Matt Pinfield to return the station to former glory.
Things don't go quite as planned in the sketch, however, which aired on Friday, Jan. 4 as part of Portlandia's season 3 premiere.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!