'Portlandia' Stages an MTV Takeover Coup with Former MTV News Anchors (Video)
Kurt Loder, Tabitha Soren and Matt Pinfield are recruited to take back the music channel.
MTV may be a shadow of its former, music-centric self these days, but it's nothing a staged coup of the cable channel can't fix.
At least that's how things play out in "Take Back MTV," a sketch fantasy from Portlandia's Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein in which they recruit former MTV talking heads Kurt Loder, Tabitha Soren and Matt Pinfield to return the station to former glory.
Things don't go quite as planned in the sketch, however, which aired on Friday, Jan. 4 as part of Portlandia's season 3 premiere.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!