Postal Service Perform 'Such Great Heights' on 'Colbert Report' (Video)
The group also played anniversary reissue track "A Tattered Line of String."
The Postal Service's Give Up was released a decade ago, yet band members Ben Gibbard, Jimmy Tamborello and Jenny Lewis made their TV debut together on The Colbert Report on Wednesday night.
The trio had a brief discussion with the host, who needled the group for releasing a single record. "You put out an album ten years ago called Give Up ... a title I guess you took too seriously because you've never put out another album," Colbert quipped.
Gibbard, who appeared on Colbert in January to promote his solo album, Former Lives, retold the origin story of the band, explaining that they sent snippets of music through the mail because of poor dial-up service.
The group then launched into their most recognizable hit, "Such Great Heights" and anniversary reissue track, "A Tattered Line of String" (web-only).
Last November, Give Up went platinum with more than 1 million albums sold in the decade since its release. Sub Pop hailed the title as the second-best selling album in the label's history (after Nirvana's Bleach).
The group has embarked on an anniversary tour since the reissued album debuted on April 9. The Postal Service also appeared at Coachella for a well-received set and are scheduled to play two dates at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles on July 23 and 24.
Watch "Such Great Heights":
And "A Tattered Line of String":
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Lucy Hale's 'Pretty Little Liars' Censorship, Stephen Hawking's Whitney Houston Crush (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 17: Deep Freeze
- Netflix Is Yanking These Movies and Shows on February 1, 2015
- Female 'Ghostbusters' Casts Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, 'SNL' Stars
- Gabrielle Union Recasts 'Bring It On' With Hot Young Stars!
- Joaquin Phoenix On Awards: 'The Oscars Have Completely Changed My Career for the Better'
- Rita Ora Gets 'Really Distracted' By Handsome 'Voice UK' Contestant!
- 'The Messengers' Star Shantel VanSanten Shows Off Her Rockin' Bikini Bod for 'Maxim' Magazine