Postal Service Releases Previously Unreleased Song (Audio)
"A Tattered Line of String" is one of two B-sides set to premiere on the April 9 reissue of "Give Up" via Sub Pop.
A previously unheard Postal Service track titled "A Tattered Line of String" emerged on Monday, marking the first "new" music from the group in nearly a decade's time. The slick, upbeat electro-pop song is one of two unreleased B-sides set to make its debut on the 10-year anniversary reissue of the Postal Service's lone album, Give Up.
"A Tattered Line of String" features Jenny Lewis -- of Rilo Kiley, Jenny and Johnny, and solo fame -- on backing vocals; Lewis appeared as a guest on many of the album's original cuts, and will also be present on the reissue's other "new" track, "Turn Around." Due April 9 on Sub Pop, the Give Up reissue will feature a second disc containing (in addition to the two new songs) a collection of remixes, live cuts, covers and more.
The Postal Service members Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello will be embarking on a long-anticipated reunion tour, which begins April 9 and includes a stop at Coachella. Lewis will also be along for the ride on the group's first tour since 2003.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- ReThink Review: Dear White People - Lessons for Republicans and the "Post-Racial" Generation
- Chats with Earth, Wind & Fire's Philip Bailey, Dave Koz, Eric Johnson and Kiki Ebsen, Plus a Katherine Jenkins' Exclusive
- Donald Trump Rips 'Reckless' NYC Ebola Doctor, Demands Obama Resign
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting