Postal Service Releases Previously Unreleased Song (Audio)
"A Tattered Line of String" is one of two B-sides set to premiere on the April 9 reissue of "Give Up" via Sub Pop.
A previously unheard Postal Service track titled "A Tattered Line of String" emerged on Monday, marking the first "new" music from the group in nearly a decade's time. The slick, upbeat electro-pop song is one of two unreleased B-sides set to make its debut on the 10-year anniversary reissue of the Postal Service's lone album, Give Up.
"A Tattered Line of String" features Jenny Lewis -- of Rilo Kiley, Jenny and Johnny, and solo fame -- on backing vocals; Lewis appeared as a guest on many of the album's original cuts, and will also be present on the reissue's other "new" track, "Turn Around." Due April 9 on Sub Pop, the Give Up reissue will feature a second disc containing (in addition to the two new songs) a collection of remixes, live cuts, covers and more.
The Postal Service members Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello will be embarking on a long-anticipated reunion tour, which begins April 9 and includes a stop at Coachella. Lewis will also be along for the ride on the group's first tour since 2003.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Killing's Mireille Enos Welcomes Second Child with Husband Alan Ruck!
- Pippa Middleton Gets Back to Work After Attending Nephew Prince George's 1st Birthday Bash!
- Taylor Schilling Is Such a Sweetheart to Fans at 'Letterman'!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer, Starring Dakota Johnson & Jamie Dornan, Will Be Released Tomorrow!