Postal Service Releases Previously Unreleased Song (Audio)
"A Tattered Line of String" is one of two B-sides set to premiere on the April 9 reissue of "Give Up" via Sub Pop.
A previously unheard Postal Service track titled "A Tattered Line of String" emerged on Monday, marking the first "new" music from the group in nearly a decade's time. The slick, upbeat electro-pop song is one of two unreleased B-sides set to make its debut on the 10-year anniversary reissue of the Postal Service's lone album, Give Up.
"A Tattered Line of String" features Jenny Lewis -- of Rilo Kiley, Jenny and Johnny, and solo fame -- on backing vocals; Lewis appeared as a guest on many of the album's original cuts, and will also be present on the reissue's other "new" track, "Turn Around." Due April 9 on Sub Pop, the Give Up reissue will feature a second disc containing (in addition to the two new songs) a collection of remixes, live cuts, covers and more.
The Postal Service members Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello will be embarking on a long-anticipated reunion tour, which begins April 9 and includes a stop at Coachella. Lewis will also be along for the ride on the group's first tour since 2003.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!