Postal Service Releases Previously Unreleased Song (Audio)
"A Tattered Line of String" is one of two B-sides set to premiere on the April 9 reissue of "Give Up" via Sub Pop.
A previously unheard Postal Service track titled "A Tattered Line of String" emerged on Monday, marking the first "new" music from the group in nearly a decade's time. The slick, upbeat electro-pop song is one of two unreleased B-sides set to make its debut on the 10-year anniversary reissue of the Postal Service's lone album, Give Up.
"A Tattered Line of String" features Jenny Lewis -- of Rilo Kiley, Jenny and Johnny, and solo fame -- on backing vocals; Lewis appeared as a guest on many of the album's original cuts, and will also be present on the reissue's other "new" track, "Turn Around." Due April 9 on Sub Pop, the Give Up reissue will feature a second disc containing (in addition to the two new songs) a collection of remixes, live cuts, covers and more.
The Postal Service members Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello will be embarking on a long-anticipated reunion tour, which begins April 9 and includes a stop at Coachella. Lewis will also be along for the ride on the group's first tour since 2003.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner
- The New 'Orphan Black' Season 2 Trailer Will Make Your Monday So Much Better (VIDEO)
- 'Fantastic Four' Reboot: Did Miles Teller Reveal a Revamp of the Origin Story?