Prince Set to Release First Solo Album in Four Years
The musician's full-length album with 3rd Eye Girl will drop on the same day
Prince is back.
The musician announced Monday morning that he will release his first solo album in four years, entitled ART OFFICIAL AGE, out Sept. 30.
The news was delivered via 3rd Eye Girl, who also noted that the funk 'n' roll band will release a full-length album, PLECTRUMELECTRUM, on Sept. 30 as well. Both albums are currently available for presale online.
The all-female ensemble — American drummer Hannah Ford, Canadian guitarist Donna Grantis and Danish bassist Ida Nielsen — made the announcement when they stopped by Good Morning America on Monday, also previewing Prince's new song "Clouds."
While Prince has not released a full-length album since 2010, the singer did record a duet with Zooey Deschanel in March and premiered the track on the post-Super Bowl episode of New Girl. He has been touring with 3rd Eye Girl in Europe.
Watch the video below:
Aug. 25, 9:00 a.m. A previous version of this article incorrectly noted Prince's upcoming album title as Artificial Age.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Kirsten Dunst Goes to the Gym While Garrett Hedlund Golfs the Afternoon Away!
- Hayden Christensen Grabs Ideas on Landscaping, Pregnant Rachel Bilson Relaxes in the Car
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Official Trailer Released By Marvel After Leak - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows the Guys Just How Chopping Down Trees is Done in 'Serena' Clip - Watch Now!