Psy Performs 'Gangnam Style' at Washington D.C. Charity Concert (Video)
President Obama was in attendance at the event, which will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
South Korean pop singer Psy began crooning "The Christmas Song" at the Christmas in Washington charity event on Sunday before deliberately cutting it short.
"No, no, this is not the reason why I'm here," joked Psy in a video of the event. He then entreated: "Let's dance everybody." Cue: the backup dancers and familiar opening refrain from his worldwide hit single "Gangnam Style." The song swapped out "Gangnam" for "Christmas" in this holiday rendition.
Sunday's Christmas in Washington charity event, which featured President Obama in attendance as well as performances from Diana Ross and Demi Lovato, will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
The event occurred only days after video surfaced of Psy performing at concerts in 2002 and 2004 that doubled as anti-American protests. Last Friday, Psy issued a statement apologizing for the lyrics he used, saying that he was "deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."
Watch Psy's performance, courtesy of The Washington Post, below:
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: John Oliver's Self-Tasering and Conan O'Brien's Superbowl 'Clueless Gamer' (VIDEO)
- Watch Live! 'Black or White' Star Kevin Costner's One-on-One With Mr. Moviefone
- 'Still Alice' Review: Julianne Moore Anchors Intense Alzheimer's Film
- 'Terminator: Genisys' Super Bowl Trailer Features Arnold & Action Galore (VIDEO)
- Nick Jonas Has a Long Day in Paris While His Brothers Take on the States
- John Krasinski Shows Off His Full Beard After Working Out
- This Supercut of Jimmy Fallon's Favorite 'Ew!' Moments is Hilarious - Watch Here!
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne