Psy Performs 'Gangnam Style' at Washington D.C. Charity Concert (Video)
President Obama was in attendance at the event, which will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
South Korean pop singer Psy began crooning "The Christmas Song" at the Christmas in Washington charity event on Sunday before deliberately cutting it short.
"No, no, this is not the reason why I'm here," joked Psy in a video of the event. He then entreated: "Let's dance everybody." Cue: the backup dancers and familiar opening refrain from his worldwide hit single "Gangnam Style." The song swapped out "Gangnam" for "Christmas" in this holiday rendition.
Sunday's Christmas in Washington charity event, which featured President Obama in attendance as well as performances from Diana Ross and Demi Lovato, will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
The event occurred only days after video surfaced of Psy performing at concerts in 2002 and 2004 that doubled as anti-American protests. Last Friday, Psy issued a statement apologizing for the lyrics he used, saying that he was "deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."
Watch Psy's performance, courtesy of The Washington Post, below:
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!