Psy Performs 'Gangnam Style' at Washington D.C. Charity Concert (Video)
President Obama was in attendance at the event, which will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
South Korean pop singer Psy began crooning "The Christmas Song" at the Christmas in Washington charity event on Sunday before deliberately cutting it short.
"No, no, this is not the reason why I'm here," joked Psy in a video of the event. He then entreated: "Let's dance everybody." Cue: the backup dancers and familiar opening refrain from his worldwide hit single "Gangnam Style." The song swapped out "Gangnam" for "Christmas" in this holiday rendition.
Sunday's Christmas in Washington charity event, which featured President Obama in attendance as well as performances from Diana Ross and Demi Lovato, will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
The event occurred only days after video surfaced of Psy performing at concerts in 2002 and 2004 that doubled as anti-American protests. Last Friday, Psy issued a statement apologizing for the lyrics he used, saying that he was "deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."
Watch Psy's performance, courtesy of The Washington Post, below:
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Kirsten Dunst Goes to the Gym While Garrett Hedlund Golfs the Afternoon Away!
- Hayden Christensen Grabs Ideas on Landscaping, Pregnant Rachel Bilson Relaxes in the Car
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Official Trailer Released By Marvel After Leak - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows the Guys Just How Chopping Down Trees is Done in 'Serena' Clip - Watch Now!