Psy Performs 'Gangnam Style' at Washington D.C. Charity Concert (Video)
President Obama was in attendance at the event, which will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
South Korean pop singer Psy began crooning "The Christmas Song" at the Christmas in Washington charity event on Sunday before deliberately cutting it short.
"No, no, this is not the reason why I'm here," joked Psy in a video of the event. He then entreated: "Let's dance everybody." Cue: the backup dancers and familiar opening refrain from his worldwide hit single "Gangnam Style." The song swapped out "Gangnam" for "Christmas" in this holiday rendition.
Sunday's Christmas in Washington charity event, which featured President Obama in attendance as well as performances from Diana Ross and Demi Lovato, will be televised on TNT on Dec. 21.
The event occurred only days after video surfaced of Psy performing at concerts in 2002 and 2004 that doubled as anti-American protests. Last Friday, Psy issued a statement apologizing for the lyrics he used, saying that he was "deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."
Watch Psy's performance, courtesy of The Washington Post, below:
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding