Radiohead to Begin Recording Ninth Album in September
The band members have kept busy with various solo projects following the release of its last album, "The King of Limbs," in 2011.
Radiohead will begin rehearsing and recording its ninth studio album in September, according to the band’s guitarist Jonny Greenwood.
"We're going to start up in September, playing, rehearsing and recording and see how it's sounding,” Greenwood said during Mary Anne Hobbes' BBC 6Music show on July 12.
Radiohead members have kept busy with various solo projects following the release of its last album, The King of Limbs, in 2011.
Frontman Thom Yorke recorded music with his band Atoms For Peace, Greenwood scored Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2012 film The Master and his upcoming movie Inherent Vice, and drummer Phil Selway plans to drop his second solo album in October.
Earlier this year, Greenwood told Nashville Cream that Radiohead would be meeting up at the end of the summer. “But, you know, we’re a slow-moving animal, always have been,” he said. “I guess we’ll decide then what we do next.”
The King of Limbs debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!