Radiohead to Begin Recording Ninth Album in September
The band members have kept busy with various solo projects following the release of its last album, "The King of Limbs," in 2011.
Radiohead will begin rehearsing and recording its ninth studio album in September, according to the band’s guitarist Jonny Greenwood.
"We're going to start up in September, playing, rehearsing and recording and see how it's sounding,” Greenwood said during Mary Anne Hobbes' BBC 6Music show on July 12.
Radiohead members have kept busy with various solo projects following the release of its last album, The King of Limbs, in 2011.
Frontman Thom Yorke recorded music with his band Atoms For Peace, Greenwood scored Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2012 film The Master and his upcoming movie Inherent Vice, and drummer Phil Selway plans to drop his second solo album in October.
Earlier this year, Greenwood told Nashville Cream that Radiohead would be meeting up at the end of the summer. “But, you know, we’re a slow-moving animal, always have been,” he said. “I guess we’ll decide then what we do next.”
The King of Limbs debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'