Rapper 2 Chainz Arrested for Marijuana Possession
The artist was stopped for speeding while en route to a Maryland university's homecoming concert.
A white van carrying the artist, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, was pulled over for doing 79 mph in a 55 mph zone, a state police spokesperson told the Baltimore Sun.
Police searched the vehicle after smelling marijuana, finding a grinder with traces of the illegal drug, the newspaper reported.
2 Chainz addressed the incident on Twitter and also posted an Instagram photo of himself and two smiling uniformed officers with the caption, "Locked me up and then Wanted pictures smh."
The van was pulled over while reportedly en route to a University of Maryland Eastern Shores homecoming week concert. A university news release lists 2 Chainz as the headliner along with performers Juicy J and New Impressionz Band.
The police citation for 2 Chainz was for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, reported the Associated Press.
The artist was nominated for three Grammy Awards this year, including best rap album for Based on A T.R.U. Story.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch