Rapper Flavor Flav Stopped for Speeding, Pot in New York
Police say the Long Island native had a small amount of marijuana, and had 16 suspensions on his license.
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — State police say rapper Flavor Flav was ticketed for speeding and driving without a license en route to his mother's funeral in suburban New York.
The rapper, whose real name is William Drayton, was allegedly driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone Thursday morning on the Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say the Long Island native also had a small amount of marijuana, and had 16 suspensions on his license.
Police say he was released on an appearance ticket so he could attend the funeral for his mother, who died Dec. 31.
The rapper is due in court Jan. 28. The name of his attorney was not immediately available.
He was a member of Public Enemy, which was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'