Red Hot Chili Peppers to Release Covers EP
The album will commemorate their recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, featuring the music of their predecessors.
Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week, and the band is commemorating the occasion with a tribute of its own.
The Peppers are prepping a six-track EP of covers, due out May 1, Rolling Stone reports. Each of the songs chosen comes courtesy of past Hall of Famers: The Ramones (“Havana Affair), Iggy & the Stooges ("Search & Destroy"), Neil Young ("Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere"), David Bowie ("Suffragette City"), The Beach Boys ("I Get Around") and Dion and the Belmonts ("A Teenager in Love").
The forthcoming EP is appropriately titled We Salute You. Of the half-dozen songs, five have never been available digitally. Three of the tracks are live performances.
The band was inducted into the Hall of Fame in Cleveland on April 14 alongside such acts as Beastie Boys, pop-folk singer Donovan, late singer-songwriter Laura Nyro, Britain's The Small Faces/The Faces and the hard-rocking Guns N’ Roses, whose frontman Axl Rose famously opted to skip the ceremony.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 10 More Things You Never Noticed About The Wizard of Oz
- Kennedy Center Honors Celebrate Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Martina Arroyo, Shirley MacLaine
- LeAnn Rimes' 'Gasoline And Matches' Video Shot Entirely On iPhone
- Ben Affleck Lashes Out At Paparazzi, Says It's 'Wrong And Disgusting To Follow Children Around'
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction