Richie Sambora Bows Out of Bon Jovi Overseas Tour Dates
Still dealing with a "private matter," the guitarist won't join the band for the European and South African legs of the Because We Can tour, but may return this summer.
Bon Jovi is set to begin the European and South African legs of the band’s “Because We Can” tour Tuesday, but the trek will continue without guitarist Richie Sambora.
Sambora took to his Twitter account Friday to assure fans that he is doing fine but still dealing with "private" issues.
“Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing f---ing great,” he tweeted. “This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!”
Sambora dropped out of the band's North American tour due to "personal reasons" and, although rumors pointed to a monetary dispute as the core problem, singer Jon Bon Jovi insists that the New Jersey born axman is still a part of the band.
“All I can say honest to God is that it’s a personal matter, but we love him very much,” Bon Jovi said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in April. “He’s absolutely still a member of the band."
There is a silver lining for Bon Jovi fans. Matthew Bongiovi, brother of the lead singer, has been tweeting encouraging messages about the situation and even made a prediction when a fan asked if Sambora will be on hand for the Rock in Rio show in September.
“I feel Richie will be back this summer at some point,” wrote Bongiovi.
Bon Jovi is set to return to the U.S. in July, where huge homecoming shows at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium are scheduled for July 24 and 25.
Bon Jovi’s latest album, What About Now, debuted No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in March.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!