Richie Sambora Jams With Dolly Parton at Glastonbury (Video)
The duet of Bon Jovi's "Lay Your Hands on Me" came during Parton's first festival appearance.
When Richie Sambora tweeted that he was going overseas to see the Queen, he didn't mean Elizabeth. Rather, it was Dolly Parton, the undisputed queen of country, whom the New Jersey rocker shouted out and later joined her onstage at two major British venues.
Sambora, who is currently touring the U.K. and Europe with Orianthi, first guested with Parton at London's O2 Arena and then made a historic appearance at the Glastonbury Festival for a duet of Bon Jovi's "Lay Your Hands on Me."
Parton's appearance at Glastonbury marked her first ever festival appearance. Backstage, the 68-year-old singer was awarded a plaque in recognition of record sales of over 100 million worldwide.
Parton's cover of the '80s arena classic is featured on her new album, Blue Smoke.
Watch a video of the performance below, which includes a long guitar jam by Sambora at the end:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!