Richie Sambora Jams With Dolly Parton at Glastonbury (Video)
The duet of Bon Jovi's "Lay Your Hands on Me" came during Parton's first festival appearance.
When Richie Sambora tweeted that he was going overseas to see the Queen, he didn't mean Elizabeth. Rather, it was Dolly Parton, the undisputed queen of country, whom the New Jersey rocker shouted out and later joined her onstage at two major British venues.
Sambora, who is currently touring the U.K. and Europe with Orianthi, first guested with Parton at London's O2 Arena and then made a historic appearance at the Glastonbury Festival for a duet of Bon Jovi's "Lay Your Hands on Me."
Parton's appearance at Glastonbury marked her first ever festival appearance. Backstage, the 68-year-old singer was awarded a plaque in recognition of record sales of over 100 million worldwide.
Parton's cover of the '80s arena classic is featured on her new album, Blue Smoke.
Watch a video of the performance below, which includes a long guitar jam by Sambora at the end:
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Barbra Streisand Duets, Ike Barinholtz's Obama Impression, Jane Fonda's Breasts (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Rosie O'Donnell Says Her 50-Pound Weight Loss Has Been Filled With 'Emotional Turbulence'
- Lana Del Rey Cancels All European Appearances Due to Illness
- Tina Fey & Jason Bateman Make Us Laugh By Playing 'Would You Rather' - Watch Now!
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!