Richie Sambora's 'Timely' New Song Suggests Rift with Jon Bon Jovi
The Bon Jovi guitarist, who dropped off the band's current tour, sings, "I gave you everything I could give / But everything just wasn't enough" in "Come Back As Me."
One day after Bon Jovi appeared at the massive MetLife Stadium in the band's home state of New Jersey, estranged guitarist Richie Sambora released a new song called "Come Back As Me" on YouTube. And it seems the 54-year old musician is taking direct aim at singer Jon Bon Jovi.
Sambora, who bowed out of the group's Because We Can tour in April citing a "personal matter," introduced the track via a Tweet, calling the song's lyrics "pretty timely" on the micro-blogging site.
"What do you want me to say / I gave you everything I could give," Sambora sings on the funky rocker with a catchy back beat. "But everything just wasn't enough / So I just let live and let live."
Sambora has been silent on the issue of his hiatus for the band he helped form, only periodically interacting with supporters on his Twitter account, and cryptically writing that "there is nothing I can say right now because nothing is resolved."
Indeed, "Come Back As Me" seems to prove that relations are as tempestuous as ever, although the chorus does offer an uplifting revelation. Sings Sambora: "If I die tomorrow, I would come back as me."
Listen to the track below:
Correction: A previous version of this story mislabeled Sambora as a "cofounder" of Bon Jovi.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Sorry, Dallas Fans: Matthew McConaughey Isn't in 'Magic Mike XXL'
- 'The Maze Runner' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- Everyone Is #Blessed in This Exclusive 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' Preview (VIDEO)
- Aubrey Plaza Is the Voice of Grumpy Cat in the Lifetime Movie
- Newlyweds Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Make First Public Appearance After Wedding
- Michael B. Jordan & Jesse Williams Step Out for Ultimate Stud Fest at 'Men's Fitness' Game Changers Party 2014
- Erin Heatherton & Jordin Sparks Rep Their Favorite Teams at NFL Fashion Launch!
- Jude Law Dresses to Impress For 'Symphony in Blue: A Journey To the Centre of The Glass'