Rihanna Announces Release Date, Art for New Single
"Diamonds" is the first song off her upcoming album, and will be unveiled on Sept. 26.
Following reports earlier this month that Rihanna would be releasing a new album -- her seventh full-length -- in November, the pop superstar has confirmed that the upcoming disc's lead single, "Diamonds," will be unveiled on Wednesday (Sept. 26).
Although Island Def Jam has not given Rih's new album a release date, a press release confirms that the LP will hit stores "before the end of this year." Rihanna has released an album every November for the past three years, starting with Rated R in 2009 and continuing with Loud and Talk That Talk in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
After touring behind Loud in 2011, Rihanna will return to the road in 2013 with the Diamonds world tour. The previously announced North American leg of the trek kicks off on Mar. 8, 2013, in Buffalo, N.Y.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama