Rihanna Announces Release Date, Art for New Single
"Diamonds" is the first song off her upcoming album, and will be unveiled on Sept. 26.
Following reports earlier this month that Rihanna would be releasing a new album -- her seventh full-length -- in November, the pop superstar has confirmed that the upcoming disc's lead single, "Diamonds," will be unveiled on Wednesday (Sept. 26).
Although Island Def Jam has not given Rih's new album a release date, a press release confirms that the LP will hit stores "before the end of this year." Rihanna has released an album every November for the past three years, starting with Rated R in 2009 and continuing with Loud and Talk That Talk in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
After touring behind Loud in 2011, Rihanna will return to the road in 2013 with the Diamonds world tour. The previously announced North American leg of the trek kicks off on Mar. 8, 2013, in Buffalo, N.Y.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Jennifer Connelly Is 'Aloft' at Sundance Film Festival
- Ewan McGregor Reflects on '90s London Life With Angelina Jolie
- Dianna Agron & Patrick Wilson Have a 'Zipper' Situation at Sundance Film Festival 2015
- Malin Akerman On 'I'll See You In My Dreams' Co-Star Blythe Danner: 'She's A Legend For A Reason'