Rihanna Reveals Destinations for her 777 Tour
Fans and press will tag along with the singer as she flies to gigs in Mexico City, Toronto, Stockholm, Paris, Berlin, London and New York during a week-long promo tour for her new album, "Unapologetic."
Rihanna's 777 tour -- in which she'll be jetting to select cities with some invited fans and press aboard a chartered plane -- now has its seven destinations set. But the venues that the pop star will be playing at won't be announced until she arrives in each city, according to a press release.
The tour will begin Nov. 14 in Mexico City, stop in London on Nov. 19 (the release date for the singer's latest album, Unapologetic), and conclude in New York a day later.
"We are turning this jumbo jet into our tour bus," Rihanna stated in the release. "We're practically living on this thing for a week: sleeping, partying, all together. Me, my fans, the press...it's going to be a wild ride. I wanted it to be a rock n' roll adventure, and I think when it's over it will be the coolest thing I've ever done."
The 777 tour -- named in anticipation of the artist's seventh album -- carries sponsors of HTC Corporation, River Island and Microsoft, the release states.
Rihanna's first single from her new album, "Diamonds," debuted in September on Billboard's Digital Songs chart at #7 with 133,000 copies sold. She performed "Stay" as well as "Diamonds" in a Saturday Night Live appearance this past weekend.
The artist will be beginning her Diamonds World Tour on March 8, 2013 in Buffalo, New York. Below is the announced route for the 777 tour:
November 14 - Mexico City
November 15 - Toronto
November 16 - Stockholm
November 17 - Paris
November 18 - Berlin
November 19 - London
November 20 - New York
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Teen Wolf' Fans Can Barely Contain Their Excitement At Comic Con
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot