Rihanna Stages Elaborate Performances on 'SNL' (Video)
The 24-year-old singer's renditions of “Talk That Talk” and “Where Have You Been,” involved a giant spider web, lasers and plenty of shirtless men.
Rihanna didn’t do any acting on Saturday Night Live, but she did plenty of performing. The singer brought elaborate sets, costumes and lighting to her musical performances, and gave the audience one of the strongest visual spectacles of the SNL season.
In front of a spider web, Rihanna began her first appearance with “Birthday Cake” and ended up on “Talk That Talk.” The laser lights were pretty impressive, even on the small screen.
With “Where Have You Been,” Rihanna played the part of queen, reclining on a leopard print chair and flanked by dancers dressed in ancient Egyptian fashion. The costuming in her SNL performance was a bit different than in the song’s swamp to desert music video, which debuted last week, and demonstrated the thought the singer put into her duties as musical guest.
Will Usher or Mick Jagger live up to Rihanna’s example on the final two episodes of the season? We'll have to wait until May 12 and May 19 to find out.
Watch the videos below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'