Jay-Z Introduces Protége Rita Ora's First Album Single (Video, Audio)
In a surprise visit to New York's Z100, the rapper-producer introduced Roc Nation's new artist and her song, "Party and Bullshit."
New dad, rapper, and music producer Jay-Z introduced his record company’s new artist, Rita Ora, and her first official single, “Party and Bullshit,” in a surprise visit to New York radio station, Z100.
“This was all very spontaneous,” Jay-Z says. “We just came to see some great friends over here at Z100 in my neighborhood and we knew they would like what they heard, because Rita is amazing. This is what radio is all about– feeling, emotion and discovering new music and artists and sharing it with a huge audience.”
The British singer bridges the pop, R&B, and soul genres with her mezzo-soprano voice. Last December, she released a single called “Hot Right Now” on YouTube, which has close to seven-million views.
She’s currently working on an album with several producers including Will.I.Am, Drake, and The-Dream. “Party and Bullshit” is her first single from that album.
Roc Nation’s artists also include Willow Smith, J. Cole, and Bridget Kelly.
Listen to “Party and Bullshit” above and watch some highlights from the surprise visit below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'