Robbie Williams Compares One Direction's 'Power' to Spice Girls at Their Height
Says the member of 90s boy band Take That of 1D's Harry Styles: "He's beguiling."
Robbie Williams made his name as a member of 90s boy band Take That, so what does the singer think of today’s UK-born chart-toppers One Direction?
“They're quite a power together in the same way the Spice Girls were,” says Williams in NOW Magazine. “The Spice Girls took over the world and won, and I think the One Direction boys have got a similar chemistry.”
Indeed, the X Factor-formed five-piece was the first British band to come in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with their debut album Up All Night back in March 2012. The previous highest entry was No. 6, achieved by the Spice Girls' Spice in 1997.
As for 1D's resident heartthrob Harry Styles, currently dating country star Taylor Swift, the 38-year-old stopped short of offering advice in the ladies' department. Said Williams: "I don't think Harry needs any tips from me. He's a magnet, like I've never seen before. ... He's beguiling and so are One Direction."
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!