Robbie Williams Compares One Direction's 'Power' to Spice Girls at Their Height
Says the member of 90s boy band Take That of 1D's Harry Styles: "He's beguiling."
Robbie Williams made his name as a member of 90s boy band Take That, so what does the singer think of today’s UK-born chart-toppers One Direction?
“They're quite a power together in the same way the Spice Girls were,” says Williams in NOW Magazine. “The Spice Girls took over the world and won, and I think the One Direction boys have got a similar chemistry.”
Indeed, the X Factor-formed five-piece was the first British band to come in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with their debut album Up All Night back in March 2012. The previous highest entry was No. 6, achieved by the Spice Girls' Spice in 1997.
As for 1D's resident heartthrob Harry Styles, currently dating country star Taylor Swift, the 38-year-old stopped short of offering advice in the ladies' department. Said Williams: "I don't think Harry needs any tips from me. He's a magnet, like I've never seen before. ... He's beguiling and so are One Direction."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch