Robbie Williams Compares One Direction's 'Power' to Spice Girls at Their Height
Says the member of 90s boy band Take That of 1D's Harry Styles: "He's beguiling."
Robbie Williams made his name as a member of 90s boy band Take That, so what does the singer think of today’s UK-born chart-toppers One Direction?
“They're quite a power together in the same way the Spice Girls were,” says Williams in NOW Magazine. “The Spice Girls took over the world and won, and I think the One Direction boys have got a similar chemistry.”
Indeed, the X Factor-formed five-piece was the first British band to come in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with their debut album Up All Night back in March 2012. The previous highest entry was No. 6, achieved by the Spice Girls' Spice in 1997.
As for 1D's resident heartthrob Harry Styles, currently dating country star Taylor Swift, the 38-year-old stopped short of offering advice in the ladies' department. Said Williams: "I don't think Harry needs any tips from me. He's a magnet, like I've never seen before. ... He's beguiling and so are One Direction."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014