Robin Thicke Names His Next Album 'Paula' (Report)
The "Blurred Lines" singer is attempting to win back his estranged wife, Paula Patton, following their separation in February.
Sometimes "sorry" just doesn’t cut it, so Robin Thicke is offering up a most public apology by reportedly naming his next album after his estranged wife.
According to Rap-Up, the R&B singer has decided on the name Paula for his next album, the follow-up to his breakthrough No. 1 album "Blurred Lines."
Thicke and his high-school squeeze Paula Patton announced their separation back in February after nearly nine years of marriage. They have a son, Julian Fuego, who was born in April 2010. Thicke met Patton when he was just 14, and their romance was chronicled in "For the Rest of My Life," a single lifted from 2013's Blurred Lines.
Depending on who you believe, their relationship breakdown may have been triggered by photos surfacing which depicting Thicke getting cozy with other ladies. Though Thicke has downplayed it all.
The theme of his new album was laid bare when Thicke used the platform of the 2014 Billboard Music Awards to premiere its first track, "Get Her Back." As previously reported, Thicke will release his new album on July 1 through Star Trak/Interscope Records. Though until now, the title had been a mystery.
The year-long gap between the Blurred Lines album, released last July 12, and his upcoming full-length marks the fastest turnaround for an album in his career.
Whether Robin's overblown romantic gesture is enough to win-back Paula's heart, only time will tell.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Comic-Con Trailer Will Blow Your Mind (VIDEO)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Is Even More Sinful in the Red Band Comic-Con Trailer (VIDEO)
- 'The Bachelorette' Couples: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Box Office: How Scarlett Johansson Beat Dwayne Johnson at the Action Movie Game