Rolling Stones Headed Back to the Recording Studio, Ronnie Wood Reveals
The legendary band will begin to play around with new song ideas ahead of a 2013 tour.
Just because they won't be on the road this year doesn't mean The Rolling Stones are hitting the mute button.
The band, which recently announced that any 50th anniversary tour plans are being pushed back to 2013, will still be hard at work writing new tunes, according to guitarist Ronnie Wood. The rocker told the UK's Daily Mirror that they'll be "throwing some ideas around," and then, working hard to prepare for their big tour next year.
"It's like working out for the Olympics or something," he said. "You've got to go into training. So we're going to go into training."
Last month, Keith Richards hinted at the same, saying that while the band wasn't ready for a tour just yet, they have more up their sleeves than just a nightly set of old classics.
"We'll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side. I've got plenty in the locker here, but it's not on tape," he told Rolling Stone.
The band officially began in 1962, but the group considers 2013 their true 50th anniversary, as it wasn't until their second year that drummer Charlie Watts joined the band. This year will see the release of their 50th anniversary book, however, as well as the release of their Ed Sullivan Show performances.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Neal Brennan Will Not Go Spelunking With You After This 'As Above, So Below' Trailer Review (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Chelsea Lately's' Star-Studded Final Show, Idris Elba's Ice Bucket Challenge (VIDEO)
- The 30 Best Disney Live-Action Movies Ever Made
- Farmer Chris Soules Will Look For Love as the New 'Bachelor'
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan