Rolling Stones Tour Opener Delayed Due to NBA Playoffs
The band's 50th-anniversary tour will kick off a day later than originally scheduled.
The Rolling Stones will kick off their 50th-anniversary tour a day later than originally planned.
"The original May 2 show was rescheduled due to the NBA playoff schedule," the Facebook post read.
The opening date is still set for Staples Center in Los Angeles, and all tickets to the May 2 show will be honored for the new date. Those who can't make it to the rescheduled show will be able to get refunds.
The Stones announced their tour April 3, with tickets going on sale to the public five days later. But last week, the NBA revealed the playoff schedule, which sees the San Antonio Spurs taking on the Los Angeles Lakers for a possible game six at Staples Center -- hence the Stones' need to reschedule.
The Stones' 17-date tour also will hit nine other cities through June 21, including Oakland, San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)