Rolling Stones Tour Opener Delayed Due to NBA Playoffs
The band's 50th-anniversary tour will kick off a day later than originally scheduled.
The Rolling Stones will kick off their 50th-anniversary tour a day later than originally planned.
"The original May 2 show was rescheduled due to the NBA playoff schedule," the Facebook post read.
The opening date is still set for Staples Center in Los Angeles, and all tickets to the May 2 show will be honored for the new date. Those who can't make it to the rescheduled show will be able to get refunds.
The Stones announced their tour April 3, with tickets going on sale to the public five days later. But last week, the NBA revealed the playoff schedule, which sees the San Antonio Spurs taking on the Los Angeles Lakers for a possible game six at Staples Center -- hence the Stones' need to reschedule.
The Stones' 17-date tour also will hit nine other cities through June 21, including Oakland, San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip