Rolling Stones Tour Opener Delayed Due to NBA Playoffs
The band's 50th-anniversary tour will kick off a day later than originally scheduled.
The Rolling Stones will kick off their 50th-anniversary tour a day later than originally planned.
"The original May 2 show was rescheduled due to the NBA playoff schedule," the Facebook post read.
The opening date is still set for Staples Center in Los Angeles, and all tickets to the May 2 show will be honored for the new date. Those who can't make it to the rescheduled show will be able to get refunds.
The Stones announced their tour April 3, with tickets going on sale to the public five days later. But last week, the NBA revealed the playoff schedule, which sees the San Antonio Spurs taking on the Los Angeles Lakers for a possible game six at Staples Center -- hence the Stones' need to reschedule.
The Stones' 17-date tour also will hit nine other cities through June 21, including Oakland, San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Lupita Nyong'o & Scarlett Johansson Lend Their Voices to 'The Jungle Book'
- The Third 'Hobbit' Movie Has a New Subtitle: 'The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Jared Harris on 'The Quiet Ones,' His 'Mad Men' Death, and Replacing Daniel Day-Lewis
- Romantic Movie Mistakes: 7 Blunders That Will Break Your Heart (PHOTOS)
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!