For Sale: Floor Board From Church Hall Where John Lennon Met Paul McCartney
It's no bargain basement as a 22cm block from Liverpool's St. Peter's Church has already fetched over $750 on Ebay with more than a week of auction time left.
As Beatles lore has it, Paul McCartney and John Lennon met as wee lads in Liverpool on July 6, 1957. That's when the two aspiring rockers were formally introduced by mutual friend Ivan Vaughan at St. Peter's Church. Two weeks later, Lennon invited McCartney to join the Quarrymen, and the rest is music history.
Now, fans can own a piece of that historic meeting thanks to congregation member Donna Jackson, who is helping auction off a piece of the floor board from the hall on Ebay. According to Jackson, via the Examiner, the 22cm by 7cm by 3cm block, which comes with a certificate of authenticity, originates from a side room that was damaged by fire in 2001.
It's not the first time such a memento has been sold. Another block auctioned to benefit the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts went for £250 in August.
The price of the current Ebay auction, which ends Oct. 23, already has surpassed £500, which is approximately $799. All proceeds from its sale will go to the church.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!