For Sale: Floor Board From Church Hall Where John Lennon Met Paul McCartney
It's no bargain basement as a 22cm block from Liverpool's St. Peter's Church has already fetched over $750 on Ebay with more than a week of auction time left.
As Beatles lore has it, Paul McCartney and John Lennon met as wee lads in Liverpool on July 6, 1957. That's when the two aspiring rockers were formally introduced by mutual friend Ivan Vaughan at St. Peter's Church. Two weeks later, Lennon invited McCartney to join the Quarrymen, and the rest is music history.
Now, fans can own a piece of that historic meeting thanks to congregation member Donna Jackson, who is helping auction off a piece of the floor board from the hall on Ebay. According to Jackson, via the Examiner, the 22cm by 7cm by 3cm block, which comes with a certificate of authenticity, originates from a side room that was damaged by fire in 2001.
It's not the first time such a memento has been sold. Another block auctioned to benefit the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts went for £250 in August.
The price of the current Ebay auction, which ends Oct. 23, already has surpassed £500, which is approximately $799. All proceeds from its sale will go to the church.
What's Hot In Music
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Alex Trebek Overpronouncing Foreign Words: A Supercut
- The Bachelorette: What Happens in the Fantasy Suite Stays in the Fantasy Suite?
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler
- Quentin Tarantino May Finally Release 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'