Sam Smith Covers Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know' (Video)
SiriusXM releases a clip of the buzzed-about Brit crooning the classic hit.
Nothing like a good sob on a weekend: Sam Smith covered Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" and it is very, very good.
A snippet of his cover appeared in a recent episode of Grey's Anatomy, but a full live performance made its way onto the Internet on Friday, courtesy of SiriusXM. Houston's original version was released in 1985 and hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on February 15, 1986.
Smith's debut album, In the Lonely Hour, was released on June 10 and is projected to arrive at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (with 150,000 to 160,000 copies) for the week ending on June 22, second only to Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence.
Watch the crooner's Houston cover below and try not to completely lose it.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip