Sam Smith Covers Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know' (Video)
SiriusXM releases a clip of the buzzed-about Brit crooning the classic hit.
Nothing like a good sob on a weekend: Sam Smith covered Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" and it is very, very good.
A snippet of his cover appeared in a recent episode of Grey's Anatomy, but a full live performance made its way onto the Internet on Friday, courtesy of SiriusXM. Houston's original version was released in 1985 and hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on February 15, 1986.
Smith's debut album, In the Lonely Hour, was released on June 10 and is projected to arrive at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (with 150,000 to 160,000 copies) for the week ending on June 22, second only to Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence.
Watch the crooner's Houston cover below and try not to completely lose it.
What's Hot In Music
- And Now, Here Are the 23 Most Outrageous Moments from 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 21 Adrenaline-Pumping Blunders From Your Favorite Action Movies (PHOTOS)
- Best of Late Night TV: Zoe Saldana's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Makeup, Heidi Klum Rolls With Jimmy Fallon (VIDEO)
- Here's What's New on Netflix for August 2014
- Here's a List of the Ten Greatest Lines From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'!
- Kristen Bell Plays Dress Up on Night Off from 'Hair' Rehearsals
- Vin Diesel Covers 'Stay With Me' & Really Goes For Those High Notes - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez & Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dating Rumors Still Haven't Been Put to Rest