Sam Smith Covers Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know' (Video)
SiriusXM releases a clip of the buzzed-about Brit crooning the classic hit.
Nothing like a good sob on a weekend: Sam Smith covered Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" and it is very, very good.
A snippet of his cover appeared in a recent episode of Grey's Anatomy, but a full live performance made its way onto the Internet on Friday, courtesy of SiriusXM. Houston's original version was released in 1985 and hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on February 15, 1986.
Smith's debut album, In the Lonely Hour, was released on June 10 and is projected to arrive at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (with 150,000 to 160,000 copies) for the week ending on June 22, second only to Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence.
Watch the crooner's Houston cover below and try not to completely lose it.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend