Sara Bareilles Hires Bruno Mars' Manager
The singer-songwriter, who split from Jordan Feldstein in January, is now being represented by Brandon Creed.
Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles has found herself a new manager in Brandon Creed, a rep for the singer confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. Creed, via his The Creed Co., handles the careers of Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson, along with award-winning songwriting-production collective The Smeezingtons and the bands Hunter Hunted and Falls.
Bareilles split from longtime manager Jordan Feldstein within days of the Jan. 26 Grammy Awards, where she was nominated for Album of the Year. Feldstein, who represents Maroon 5 and Robin Thicke, had been involved in an altercation with Sharon and Kelly Osbourne on Jan. 25 at the Clive Davis/Recording Academy-sponsored pre-Grammy gala at the Beverly Hilton hotel. At the time, an eyewitness told THR, "You don't f--- with the Osbournes."
According to an insider, Bareilles also was considering Michael McDonald for representation. McDonald and his longtime client John Mayer parted ways in December. Mayer has since signed with Troy Carter.
Creed is a former A&R executive at Epic Records, where Bareilles is signed. He began his career at Arista Records and was one of the founding employees of J Records, where he worked alongside label head Clive Davis.
Bareilles is enjoying a career upsurge. Her single "Brave," from the album The Blessed Unrest, is No. 33 on the Billboard Hot 100 in its 36th week on the chart.
What's Hot In Music
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign