Scrapped Frank Ocean 'Django' Song: 'Wiseman'
The R&B It boy posts the track on his Tumblr, writing that the movie "was ill without it."
Although Quentin Tarantino didn't end up using Frank Ocean's "Wiseman" in Django Unchained, the R&B sensation has released the song for fans to enjoy.
"Bad man don't exist no/No evil man exists/Good man don't exist no/No righteous man exists/Sad man cannot cry in place where man can see/Never witnessed father weep/This old man thought it weak/But strong man don't exist/No undying man exists/Weak man don't exist no/Just flesh and blood exists/But your mother would be proud of you/I bet your mother would be proud of you."
Tarantino, who included Rick Ross and John Legend on the movie's official soundtrack, has said he couldn't find a scene for "Wiseman."
"I could have thrown it in quickly just to have it, but that's not why he wrote it and not his intention," the director told Pitchfork. "So I didn't want to cheapen his effort. But the song is fantastic, and when Frank decides to unleash it on the public, they'll realize it then.
Ocean is riding a mega-wave of It boy stardom and musical success, having garnered six Grammy nominations including album of the year for Channel Orange.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!