Sean Hannity vs. Ryan Adams: Conservative Host Calls Rocker a 'Coward' (Video)
"Evolve little chicken man," the alt-country singer and songwriter tweeted, prompting a Twitter and TV spat that continued well into the night.
For three and a half minutes on Tuesday night, Sean Hannity did his best to bash alt-country rocker Ryan Adams, whose music, according to Hannity, "isn't that popular," after Ryan posted a derogatory tweet about the conservative Fox News host on Monday night.
Ryan's tweet was simple: "@SeanHannity Your entire soul is controlled by fear and by hate. Evolve little chicken man. See reality" The tweet has since been taken down.
On his show on Tuesday night, Hannity spoke with Miss Oklahoma Anna-Marie Costello and Fox News contributor Tamara Holder in place of Adams, an odd conversation that devolved into Hannity shouting over Holder's observation that Hannity was continually changing the subject from his initial assertion that celebrities cannot be good role models.
Throughout the show, Hannity likened Adams to a teenager, called him a coward numerous times and even made a point of referring to his agent as a "little agent," whatever that means.
Hannity invited Adams to appear on his show, an offer that Ryan turned down, his agent stating that Adams' tweet was his statement "and vice versa." Turning down Hannity's offer was not enough to end the feud, as last night's show proved. Although it's pretty clear that Hannity had never heard of Ryan Adams, he did try very hard to express his feelings about the musician through shouting them out.
Adams did respond to Hannity's invitation via several smiley-face laden tweets last night. "Thanks @seanhannity for inviting me on your show. If I wanted to be yelled at I would go see a Youth of Today reunion show. : )" Adams wrote.
Hannity quickly responded: "Confident on Twitter, but too scared to come on and explain yourself?" Adams tweeted that he does not negotiate "with terrorists," which really inflamed Hannity, who responded with: "who is the little chicken man now? A terrorist? Typical liberal, zero substance all name calling. Say it to my face u coward"
Adams responded with a smiley face.
Watch Hannity's "Liberal Twitter Tirade" segment below:
What's Hot In Music
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler