Selena Gomez to Unveil New Single, Perform at MTV Movie Awards
The “Spring Breakers” star returns to music with “Come and Get It.”
Selena Gomez is ready to jump back into the music biz.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter tied to her latest film, Spring Breakers, the former Disney darling confessed that her entire album was in the can -- and now the rollout has officially begun.
Gomez is set to release the first single, titled “Come and Get It,” off her forthcoming album on April 8, and will perform the song for the first time live at the MTV Movie Awards April 14.
Speaking with THR, Gomez describes her fourth studio effort as "a little island-y, a little Spanish-y and a little pop – but almost dance pop."
"It’s kind of all over the place, but I’m really excited about it," she adds. "It’s definitely the hardest I have ever worked on a record, that’s for sure. I wanted to have more creative control over the album’s direction."
More announcements are expected to follow in the coming weeks, as Gomez also plans to tour to promote her latest studio release.
In other former Disney star news, the Jonas Brothers are also officially back in the game and will release their latest single, “Pom Poms,” on April 2. The song is the JoBros’ first after a three-year hiatus and will be featured on their forthcoming fifth studio album. "Pom Poms" is produced by Nick Jonas and written by Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas and Paul Phamous.
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler