Shakira to Debut New Duet With Rihanna
The two singers announced the release date of their upcoming "Can't Remember to Forget You" collaboration on their social media accounts.
Shakira and Rihanna are about to drop a new duet.
The two singers announced the release date of their new collaboration, "Can't Remember to Forget You," via their social media accounts.
Rihanna posted a promotional photo on Instagram with the caption "One. Week. Countdown." Shakira took to Twitter with the graphic and announced the song's release date in two languages.
"Can't Remember to Forget You" will be available on Jan. 13 as the first single off of Shakira's inaugural album with Sony label RCA, which is also her first since 2010’s Sale el Sol. She has said in an interview that the still-unnamed project is dedicated to Spanish soccer player Gerard Piqué, her partner and the father of her son Milan, reports Billboard.
Shakira tweeted on Dec. 8 that the music video for the then-mysterious single was directed by Joseph Kahn, who also helmed Mariah Carey and Miguel's "#Beautiful," as well as "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem and Rihanna.
The singer's track release also comes just before she returns to The Voice, which is back for a sixth season on Feb. 24.
See the musicians' posts below:
— Shakira (@shakira) January 6, 2014
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' Can't Be Stopped on the Billboard Hot 100!
- Amanda Seyfried To Take Part in 24 Hour Plays on Broadway with Nina Dobrev, Justin Long, & More!
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rose McGowan Hit Up Hollywood for 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Premiere!
- Daniel Radcliffe Knows He's Fortunate to Do a Job He Adores