Shakira to Debut New Duet With Rihanna
The two singers announced the release date of their upcoming "Can't Remember to Forget You" collaboration on their social media accounts.
Shakira and Rihanna are about to drop a new duet.
The two singers announced the release date of their new collaboration, "Can't Remember to Forget You," via their social media accounts.
Rihanna posted a promotional photo on Instagram with the caption "One. Week. Countdown." Shakira took to Twitter with the graphic and announced the song's release date in two languages.
"Can't Remember to Forget You" will be available on Jan. 13 as the first single off of Shakira's inaugural album with Sony label RCA, which is also her first since 2010’s Sale el Sol. She has said in an interview that the still-unnamed project is dedicated to Spanish soccer player Gerard Piqué, her partner and the father of her son Milan, reports Billboard.
Shakira tweeted on Dec. 8 that the music video for the then-mysterious single was directed by Joseph Kahn, who also helmed Mariah Carey and Miguel's "#Beautiful," as well as "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem and Rihanna.
The singer's track release also comes just before she returns to The Voice, which is back for a sixth season on Feb. 24.
See the musicians' posts below:
— Shakira (@shakira) January 6, 2014
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)