Shakira to Debut New Duet With Rihanna
The two singers announced the release date of their upcoming "Can't Remember to Forget You" collaboration on their social media accounts.
Shakira and Rihanna are about to drop a new duet.
The two singers announced the release date of their new collaboration, "Can't Remember to Forget You," via their social media accounts.
Rihanna posted a promotional photo on Instagram with the caption "One. Week. Countdown." Shakira took to Twitter with the graphic and announced the song's release date in two languages.
"Can't Remember to Forget You" will be available on Jan. 13 as the first single off of Shakira's inaugural album with Sony label RCA, which is also her first since 2010’s Sale el Sol. She has said in an interview that the still-unnamed project is dedicated to Spanish soccer player Gerard Piqué, her partner and the father of her son Milan, reports Billboard.
Shakira tweeted on Dec. 8 that the music video for the then-mysterious single was directed by Joseph Kahn, who also helmed Mariah Carey and Miguel's "#Beautiful," as well as "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem and Rihanna.
The singer's track release also comes just before she returns to The Voice, which is back for a sixth season on Feb. 24.
See the musicians' posts below:
— Shakira (@shakira) January 6, 2014
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup