Shakira and Rihanna Cozy Up, Smoke Cigars in 'Can't Remember to Forget You' Video
The post-breakup duet is the first single off of the "Voice" coach's self-titled album, due Mar. 25.
Shakira has clearly found a close friend in Rihanna.
In the music video for their new duet, "Can't Remember to Forget You," the two are shown in bodysuits and atop bed sheets, cuddling and smoking cigars as they sing of a post-breakup longing.
The video, which also shows Shakira playing an electric guitar and drums, was directed by Joseph Kahn, who also helmed Mariah Carey and Miguel's "#Beautiful," as well as "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem and Rihanna.
"Can't Remember to Forget You" was released on Jan. 13 as the first single off of Shakira's self-titled inaugural album with Sony label RCA, her first since 2010’s Sale el Sol. She has said in an interview that Shakira is dedicated to Spanish soccer player Gerard Piqué, her partner and the father of her son, Milan, reports Billboard.
The singer's video release comes just weeks before she returns to The Voice, which is back for a sixth season on Feb. 24.
Shakira hits shelves March 25.
Watch Shakira and Rihanna's video below.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'