Sky Ferreira Joins Troy Carter's Atom Factory
The singer writes that she is "so excited" about working with Lady Gaga's former manager.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sky Ferreira is the latest artist to become a management client of Troy Carter and his Atom Factory enterprise. The pop singer announced the deal in a Facebook post on Wednesday, Jan. 22.
"New year,new beginnings. So excited," Ferreira posted. The move comes less than three months after the 21-year-old's long-delayed debut album, Night Time, My Time, was released to critical acclaim but to tepid sales, moving just 18,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Ferreira was previously managed by Mike Tierney and Tara Interland of Mars Organic.
For Carter, Ferreira is the latest artist to join Atom Factory after he and his top client, Lady Gaga, split in early November, after more than five years together. Earlier this month, John Mayer and Miguel were confirmed to have finalized deals with Carter and Atom Factory.
On Feb. 14, Ferreira will begin her trek as an opening artist on Miley Cyrus' Bangerz arena tour, alongside Icona Pop. The North American leg of the tour runs through Apr. 24.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years