Mysterious Daft Punk Ad on 'SNL' Teases New Music; Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Rock the Show (Video)
A 15-second ad for the electric dance music group created more questions than it answered, while rap enjoys a resurgence with Macklemore.
Those who watched last week's episode of Saturday Night Live got an unexpected treat in the form of a 15-second, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ad by French dance duo Daft Punk. The brief trailer, featuring a sparkling Daft Punk logo and the pair’s famous robot masks, was soundtracked by a disco-tinged groove that appears to be new music.
Daft Punk, which recently announced its alliance with Columbia Records, has all but confirmed that they will have a new album in the spring, which is rumored to include collaborations with legendary disco producer Giorgio Moroder, producer/Chic co-founder Nile Rodgers and Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, among others.
The main musical moments from the Kevin Hart-hosted SNL came in the form of another funky pair, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who made their debut on the show, performing energetic versions of “Can’t Hold Us" and their chart-topping ode to ballin’ on a budget, “Thrift Shop.”
Watch the short Daft Punk ad and both Macklemore performances below:
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Zoe Saldana Gets Gifted Two Halloween Costumes For Twins in 'Queen Latifah Show' Exclusive Video
- Oscar de la Renta Dead - Legendary Fashion Designer Dies at 82
- Pregnant Blake Lively Accentuates Baby Bump with a Beaming Ryan Reynolds By Her Side!
- Rachel Bilson Gets a Checkup Before Her Baby's Arrival!