Mysterious Daft Punk Ad on 'SNL' Teases New Music; Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Rock the Show (Video)
A 15-second ad for the electric dance music group created more questions than it answered, while rap enjoys a resurgence with Macklemore.
Those who watched last week's episode of Saturday Night Live got an unexpected treat in the form of a 15-second, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ad by French dance duo Daft Punk. The brief trailer, featuring a sparkling Daft Punk logo and the pair’s famous robot masks, was soundtracked by a disco-tinged groove that appears to be new music.
Daft Punk, which recently announced its alliance with Columbia Records, has all but confirmed that they will have a new album in the spring, which is rumored to include collaborations with legendary disco producer Giorgio Moroder, producer/Chic co-founder Nile Rodgers and Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, among others.
The main musical moments from the Kevin Hart-hosted SNL came in the form of another funky pair, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who made their debut on the show, performing energetic versions of “Can’t Hold Us" and their chart-topping ode to ballin’ on a budget, “Thrift Shop.”
Watch the short Daft Punk ad and both Macklemore performances below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'