Snoop Reworks 'Drop It Like It's Hot' For a Hot Pockets Music Video
A life-sized microwaveable snack joins the rapper in the video along with musician DeStorm Power and comedian Andy Milonakis.
"I just heat it up to eat it up."
So begins Snoop Dogg's music video foray as a pitchman in a Hot Pockets ad. The clip, part of a digital campaign promoting the product, reworks the rapper's 2004 chart-topping single "Drop it Like it's Hot" into "Pocket Like it's Hot." It's a parody in praise of greasy, microwaveable snacks.
Over three-and-a-half minutes, Snoop delivers cheesy lines with a straight face, like, "When your cravings' got ahold of you (Pocket like it's hot)/And you're munchies get an attitude (Pocket like it's hot)."
The video also features musician DeStorm Power, comedian Andy Milonakis, WWE wrestler Brodus Clay and a dancing life-size Hot Pocket. It also includes raining pepperoni and Snoop repurposing a microwave turning plate into a turntable.
The snacks "have always been a favorite in my house," Snoop states in a press release.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film