Stephen Colbert Announces Second Pun-Filled Music Festival, 'StePhest Colbchella' (Video)
Breaking news of the Aug. 10 event on his Comedy Central show, the comedian has lined up Grizzly Bear, the Flaming Lips and more acts for a Coachella-spoofing concert.
Not a month after Coachella announced its nautical spinoff, Stephen Colbert is getting into maritime music.
The Colbert Report host announced during his Tuesday episode that he will be hosting a music festival in New York on Aug. 10 aboard the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, docked on the Hudson River.
"StePhest Colbchella `012: RocktAugustFest," as he's calling it, will include performances from Grizzly Bear, The Flaming Lips, Santigold, Grandmaster Flash and "We Are Young" singers Fun.
It's the second iteration of "Colbchella," following on the heels of last year's considerably smaller studio venture, "Rock You Like a Thirst-Icane."
"Does Bonnaroo have cruise missiles?" Colbert said of his battleship venue. "I think not."
For those who can't make it out to the event, performances and interviews with the acts will air on The Colbert Report during the week of Aug. 13.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years