Stephen Colbert Announces Second Pun-Filled Music Festival, 'StePhest Colbchella' (Video)
Breaking news of the Aug. 10 event on his Comedy Central show, the comedian has lined up Grizzly Bear, the Flaming Lips and more acts for a Coachella-spoofing concert.
Not a month after Coachella announced its nautical spinoff, Stephen Colbert is getting into maritime music.
The Colbert Report host announced during his Tuesday episode that he will be hosting a music festival in New York on Aug. 10 aboard the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, docked on the Hudson River.
"StePhest Colbchella `012: RocktAugustFest," as he's calling it, will include performances from Grizzly Bear, The Flaming Lips, Santigold, Grandmaster Flash and "We Are Young" singers Fun.
It's the second iteration of "Colbchella," following on the heels of last year's considerably smaller studio venture, "Rock You Like a Thirst-Icane."
"Does Bonnaroo have cruise missiles?" Colbert said of his battleship venue. "I think not."
For those who can't make it out to the event, performances and interviews with the acts will air on The Colbert Report during the week of Aug. 13.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'