Stephen Colbert Announces Second Pun-Filled Music Festival, 'StePhest Colbchella' (Video)
Breaking news of the Aug. 10 event on his Comedy Central show, the comedian has lined up Grizzly Bear, the Flaming Lips and more acts for a Coachella-spoofing concert.
Not a month after Coachella announced its nautical spinoff, Stephen Colbert is getting into maritime music.
The Colbert Report host announced during his Tuesday episode that he will be hosting a music festival in New York on Aug. 10 aboard the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, docked on the Hudson River.
"StePhest Colbchella `012: RocktAugustFest," as he's calling it, will include performances from Grizzly Bear, The Flaming Lips, Santigold, Grandmaster Flash and "We Are Young" singers Fun.
It's the second iteration of "Colbchella," following on the heels of last year's considerably smaller studio venture, "Rock You Like a Thirst-Icane."
"Does Bonnaroo have cruise missiles?" Colbert said of his battleship venue. "I think not."
For those who can't make it out to the event, performances and interviews with the acts will air on The Colbert Report during the week of Aug. 13.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'