Steve Aoki Spoofs 'Breaking Bad' in 'Free the Madness' Music Video
Alongside Machine Gun Kelly, Aoki dons Walter White's signature Hazmat suit and Heisenberg hat for the Dan Packer-directed video.
If there were ever an EDM theme song for Breaking Bad, it would be "Free the Madness."
The video for Steve Aoki's track with Machine Gun Kelly, off his forthcoming album Neon Future I, sees the two performers emulating the AMC show's meth-making duo, played by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul.
Directed by Dan Packer, the video, set in "the distant future," opens with the producer visiting the Museum of the 21st Century, which educates attendees on the long-gone mysteries of things like twerking, gingivitis and a show called Baking Bad. He touches a memory orb for more information on the pop culture relic and is soon transported to the New Mexico desert—complete with Walter White's signature green button-down shirt, khaki pants, yellow Hazmat suit and black Heisenberg hat.
Though the video—produced by Maxwell Riesberg and Josh Shadid—honors the show, down to its periodic table-like credits, it isn't a direct tribute to the Emmy-winning drama: When distributing the baby blue to craving customers, the two run into a few very vicious Girls Scouts troops. In short, a box of delicious Thin Mint cookies can also be quite dangerous.
Watch the video below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Where Would Liam Neeson Hide a Body?
- TV Review: CBS’s Madam Secretary Can’t Decide Whether It Wants to Be The West Wing or Scandal
- One Very Important Thing Is Missing From the New Cosby Biography: A Timeline of the Abuse Charges
- Listen to Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury’s Unreleased Early ’80s Duet
- Tina Fey Facts: 23 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the Actress
- Best of Late Night TV: Kaley Cuoco's Leaked Nudes and Billy Crystal's Lip Flip (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Married' Finale, 'Breaking Amish' Premiere, and More Picks
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Is the Best Season Yet, Says Jessica Lange