Steven Tyler Performs at Nashville's Bluebird Cafe
The Aerosmith singer took the stage for two songs in a surprise appearance at the famous small venue.
Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler made a surprise appearance in Nashville and performed two songs before the audience was ushered out for the next show.
Tyler was in the audience Tuesday night at the Bluebird Cafe watching four Nashville songwriters perform in the round, including Mallary Hope, Phil Barton, Lindsey Lee and Marti Frederiksen. The small, 90-seat venue is where many country singers first got their break and where many established artists often stop by to play a few songs or listen.
Frederiksen invited Tyler to sing "Jaded," which Frederiksen co-wrote. Tyler then jumped on Lee's piano to belt out the band's power ballad "Dream On."
After the show, Tyler told the Associated Press that he had never performed in a room that small and that he was in Nashville to write songs.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip