Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles Goes Solo
The country superstar is working with producer Rick Rubin on the album, due out this fall.
Jennifer Nettles is going solo.
The Sugarland vocalist announced Friday that she is currently in the studio with producer Rick Rubin,working on her debut album as a solo artist, due out this fall.
In a statement, Nettles said she’s “thrilled” to be working with Rubin, whose resume includes co-president of Columbia Records and founder of Def Jam Records. In his storied career, the super-producer has worked with the likes of Johnny Cash, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Sheryl Crow, The Avett Brothers, Lana Del Rey, Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dixie Chicks.
“I am absolutely thrilled and wholly proud to be working with Rick,” said Nettles. “If you ask any musician who is on their producer ‘bucket list,’ Rick would be on each and every one."
A superstar in her own right, Nettles has won two Grammys as the lead singer of Sugarland. The group has won four CMT Awards, six CMA Awards, one AMA and five ACM Awards. Nettles will be on hand this weekend to present at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on May 19.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images