Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles Goes Solo
The country superstar is working with producer Rick Rubin on the album, due out this fall.
Jennifer Nettles is going solo.
The Sugarland vocalist announced Friday that she is currently in the studio with producer Rick Rubin,working on her debut album as a solo artist, due out this fall.
In a statement, Nettles said she’s “thrilled” to be working with Rubin, whose resume includes co-president of Columbia Records and founder of Def Jam Records. In his storied career, the super-producer has worked with the likes of Johnny Cash, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Sheryl Crow, The Avett Brothers, Lana Del Rey, Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dixie Chicks.
“I am absolutely thrilled and wholly proud to be working with Rick,” said Nettles. “If you ask any musician who is on their producer ‘bucket list,’ Rick would be on each and every one."
A superstar in her own right, Nettles has won two Grammys as the lead singer of Sugarland. The group has won four CMT Awards, six CMA Awards, one AMA and five ACM Awards. Nettles will be on hand this weekend to present at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on May 19.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan