Super Bowl 2012: Kelly Clarkson Nails National Anthem (Video)
The Grammy-winning diva performs a soaring game-opener, while "The Voice" judge Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert duet on "America the Beautiful."
Singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl is a pressure-filled task (see: Christina Aguilera flubbing the lyrics last year) but Kelly Clarkson pulled it off without a hitch.
Backed by a children's choir, the pop star and original American Idol champ belted a capable and lyrically-correct version of the song, sporting a Mariah Carey-esque ensemble of a tight black dress, bangs and long, flat-ironed hair.
Clarkson, who recently paid tribute to late soul legend Etta James at a New York City concert, released her latest album, Stronger, in October.
Prior to her Super Bowl performance, country music power couple Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert paired up for a duet of "America the Beautiful." Shelton is a judge on NBC's popular singing contest The Voice, which premieres its second season following Sunday's Giants-Patriots matchup on the network.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- OneRepublic's 'Ordinary Human' Music Video Includes New 'Giver' Footage - Watch Now!
- Kelly Brook Announces She's the New Face of Skechers!
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!