Super Bowl 2012: Kelly Clarkson Nails National Anthem (Video)
The Grammy-winning diva performs a soaring game-opener, while "The Voice" judge Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert duet on "America the Beautiful."
Singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl is a pressure-filled task (see: Christina Aguilera flubbing the lyrics last year) but Kelly Clarkson pulled it off without a hitch.
Backed by a children's choir, the pop star and original American Idol champ belted a capable and lyrically-correct version of the song, sporting a Mariah Carey-esque ensemble of a tight black dress, bangs and long, flat-ironed hair.
Clarkson, who recently paid tribute to late soul legend Etta James at a New York City concert, released her latest album, Stronger, in October.
Prior to her Super Bowl performance, country music power couple Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert paired up for a duet of "America the Beautiful." Shelton is a judge on NBC's popular singing contest The Voice, which premieres its second season following Sunday's Giants-Patriots matchup on the network.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Pierce Brosnan Fails at 'GoldenEye 007,' Chloe Grace Moretz Fakes Cello (VIDEO)
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)
- Josh Brolin & Bruce Willis Bring 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' to Hollywood
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother Arrested in a Stabbing
- Jimmy Fallon Challenges Pierce Brosnan to His James Bond GoldenEye Video Game & Wins - Watch the Hilarious Video!
- Jessica Biel Takes On the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with Her Mom & Grandma - Watch Here!