Super Bowl 2012: Kelly Clarkson Nails National Anthem (Video)
The Grammy-winning diva performs a soaring game-opener, while "The Voice" judge Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert duet on "America the Beautiful."
Singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl is a pressure-filled task (see: Christina Aguilera flubbing the lyrics last year) but Kelly Clarkson pulled it off without a hitch.
Backed by a children's choir, the pop star and original American Idol champ belted a capable and lyrically-correct version of the song, sporting a Mariah Carey-esque ensemble of a tight black dress, bangs and long, flat-ironed hair.
Clarkson, who recently paid tribute to late soul legend Etta James at a New York City concert, released her latest album, Stronger, in October.
Prior to her Super Bowl performance, country music power couple Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert paired up for a duet of "America the Beautiful." Shelton is a judge on NBC's popular singing contest The Voice, which premieres its second season following Sunday's Giants-Patriots matchup on the network.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!