Alicia Keys to Sing Super Bowl National Anthem (Report)
Beyonce is scheduled to be the halftime performer at the Feb. 3 event.
Alicia Keys will be performing the national anthem at Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on Feb. 3, according to an Associated Press source. The NFL hasn't yet officially stated who will be singing the national anthem, the report noted.
Beyonce -- who performed the national anthem at the Super Bowl in 2004 -- was announced in October as the featured halftime performer for this year's event.
Further reports stated that former Destiny's Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams will join Beyonce on stage during the set. A fan contest sponsored by Pepsi will allow fans to join the singer on stage during the performance.
Last year's Super Bowl match-up between the Patriots and Giants featured Kelly Clarkson singing the national anthem. Madonna was featured as the halftime star -- and the performer's set was more popular viewing than the game, according to data compiled by TiVo.
Alicia Keys latest album, Girl on Fire, was released in November. She dedicated her album release concert to Hurricane Sandy first responders and also performed at the star studded 12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief at Madison Square Garden.
The singer's 2013 tour has North American dates scheduled beginning on March 7 in Seattle.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'