Super Bowl Performer Bruno Mars Prepares for Cold Weather
The singer, set to perform during halftime at this year's championship in MetLife Stadium, revealed his plans for dealing with potentially frigid temperatures.
Besides compiling a set list, brainstorming choreography and browsing outfits, Bruno Mars is minding another priority while strategizing for the Super Bowl: staying warm.
"Everyone's putting the fear of god in me like there's going to be a blizzard," he told the Associated Press of his upcoming halftime show performance at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on Feb 2. "I know it's going to be cold, and I've just got to face it."
When asked about how he'll keep warm, he joked, "I'm going to wear a beekeeper suit … even if I have to build a chimney onstage, perform around a fire, I'll do it."
Mars also reflected on the moment when he received the offer to perform at the NFL championship game.
"When we got that phone call, again, what do you say? 'Nah.' What do you say? 'Absolutely. Let's rock,' " he said of anticipating the experience with his band members. "It wasn't too long ago when we were performing in clubs and bars and pubs. And even when I put [my first] album out, [we were] opening acts for a bunch of different artists, living in a van and traveling around and putting in the work and time."
He continued, "It might seem fast to the outsider looking in, but you know, it's just another thing we can celebrate. And I feel like as a group, we all achieved it together."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life