Super Bowl Performer Bruno Mars Prepares for Cold Weather
The singer, set to perform during halftime at this year's championship in MetLife Stadium, revealed his plans for dealing with potentially frigid temperatures.
Besides compiling a set list, brainstorming choreography and browsing outfits, Bruno Mars is minding another priority while strategizing for the Super Bowl: staying warm.
"Everyone's putting the fear of god in me like there's going to be a blizzard," he told the Associated Press of his upcoming halftime show performance at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on Feb 2. "I know it's going to be cold, and I've just got to face it."
When asked about how he'll keep warm, he joked, "I'm going to wear a beekeeper suit … even if I have to build a chimney onstage, perform around a fire, I'll do it."
Mars also reflected on the moment when he received the offer to perform at the NFL championship game.
"When we got that phone call, again, what do you say? 'Nah.' What do you say? 'Absolutely. Let's rock,' " he said of anticipating the experience with his band members. "It wasn't too long ago when we were performing in clubs and bars and pubs. And even when I put [my first] album out, [we were] opening acts for a bunch of different artists, living in a van and traveling around and putting in the work and time."
He continued, "It might seem fast to the outsider looking in, but you know, it's just another thing we can celebrate. And I feel like as a group, we all achieved it together."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)