Taylor Swift's Album Release Week Packed With TV Appearances
The PR blitz for new album "Red" begins Oct. 22 when the country star appears on "Good Morning America." Also on tap: "Katie," "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," a "20/20" special and "Taylor Swift Week" on "Entertainment Tonight."
Taylor Swift seems to always be busy, but the week of her Red album release, she isn't slowing down for even a second. Starting the day the album hits shelves, October 22, Swift will be making TV appearances throughout New York City, on Good Morning America, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Entertainment Tonight, and more.
It all kicks off on Tuesday, October 22, with a Times Square appearance on Good Morning America. A group of her Twitter followers and Facebook fans will be with Swift as she bounces between media appearances, talking about the day on their social media platforms.
What Entertainment Tonight is calling "Taylor Swift Week" will include interviews on Access Hollywood, E! News and Extra. She will also sit down for a live Q&A with SiriusXM, to air October 22 at 2 p.m. ET.
Day two of the 22-year-old pop star's wild week (October 23) has her scheduled to appear again on "Good Morning America" and perform on The Late Show with David Letterman. On October 24, she will be on The View, on October 25 she's appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and on October 26, she will join Katie Couric on ABC's Katie, before being featured on a 20/20 primetime special, "All Access Nashville."
In addition to all of her press and TV appearances, Swift will take part in Scholastic's "Read Every Day" literacy event at the company's NYC headquarters on October 24.
Swift's fourth studio album, Red, drops in the U.S. on October 22. Since "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was released in August and gave Swift her first No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart, the singer-songwriter has released four songs -- "Begin Again," "I Knew You Were Trouble," "State of Grace," and the title track -- over the four weeks leading up the album's release. Swift is scheduled to perform at the 2012 MTV European Music Awards on Nov. 11.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Report: Joan Rivers Doctor Took Selfie During Unapproved Biopsy
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'