Taylor Swift and Carly Simon Duet to 'You're So Vain' (Video)
The two singers traded verses at a recent Red Tour stop in Foxborough, Mass.
For Taylor Swift, breakups aren't always a bad thing. In fact, they usually result in a hit single and another platinum plaque to add to her collection.
And she's not alone. Pop music has had a long love affair with the kiss-off song, and some 40 years before Swift delivered the sugary delicacy "I Knew You Were Trouble," singer-songwriter and '70s icon Carly Simon was doing the same with her signature single, 1972's "You're So Vain."
Combining the power of two jilted ex-girlfriends, Swift surprised audiences at her July 27 Red Tour stop at Foxborough, Mass., not far from Martha's Vineyard, where Simon has long called home.
Like Swift's "Dear John," "Last Kiss" and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," the unknown person in Simon's hit was the subject of much speculation when the song shot up the charts. But in this performance, the two seem to be singing past flames everywhere.
Watch the duo's dazzling performance below:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet