Taylor Swift and Carly Simon Duet to 'You're So Vain' (Video)
The two singers traded verses at a recent Red Tour stop in Foxborough, Mass.
For Taylor Swift, breakups aren't always a bad thing. In fact, they usually result in a hit single and another platinum plaque to add to her collection.
And she's not alone. Pop music has had a long love affair with the kiss-off song, and some 40 years before Swift delivered the sugary delicacy "I Knew You Were Trouble," singer-songwriter and '70s icon Carly Simon was doing the same with her signature single, 1972's "You're So Vain."
Combining the power of two jilted ex-girlfriends, Swift surprised audiences at her July 27 Red Tour stop at Foxborough, Mass., not far from Martha's Vineyard, where Simon has long called home.
Like Swift's "Dear John," "Last Kiss" and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," the unknown person in Simon's hit was the subject of much speculation when the song shot up the charts. But in this performance, the two seem to be singing past flames everywhere.
Watch the duo's dazzling performance below:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Jennifer Lopez Poses In A Bikini For Leah Remini
- FXX Will Make Every ‘Simpsons' Episode Available Online After Full Series Marathon
- Seth Meyers Finds Out What His Writers Really Think Of Him In 'Seth's Affirmations'
- Billy Bob Thornton On Our Obsession With Failure, Reality TV And 'Cupcake Wars' (VIDEO)
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'