Piles of Unread Taylor Swift Fan Letters Found in Nashville Dumpster
The Grammy winner got into some local trouble when an investigative reporter traced the letters back to her business office.
Taylor Swift, multi-platinum singer-songwriter and heroine to teenage girls across the world, never fails to offer shout-outs to her fans, professing her love and gratitude for the people who buy her albums and concert tickets.
It doesn't mean she's willing to read all of their fan letters, though.
WKRN-TV in Nashville reports that a woman found hundreds of unopened fan letters, many covered in glitter and heart stickers, in a dumpster behind a school. She scooped up the letters and brought them to the news network, which contacted Swift's record label.
"Taylor gets thousands of fan letters every day, and they are delivered to her management office. After the letters are opened and read, they are recycled," her spokesperson, Paula Erickson, told the network.
As for how this batch went ignored, Erickson says it was simply an oversight.
"The only explanation for any letters being unopened would be that a small batch of mail that was supposed to be delivered to Taylor was accidentally put with letters headed for the recycling center."
The incident is an unfortunate look into the impersonal inner workings of Swift's machine. She has nearly 25 million Twitter followers and has dedicated many of her awards to her legions of fans. On her MySpace page, part of her biography reads, "I've loved my fans from the very first day, but they've said things and done things recently that make me feel like they're my friends -- more now than ever before. I'll never go a day without thinking about our memories together."
What's Hot In Music
- Mo’Nique Says She Was Supposed to Play Empire’s Cookie First
- Felicity Huffman on American Crime and Playing an Unlikable Character
- Read an Annotated Excerpt From Adam Rapp’s Novel Know Your Beholder
- Vince Vaughn Got Photoshopped Into Cheesy Stock Photos Because This Is How You Promote a Movie in 2015
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Ansel Elgort's Embarrassing Bruce Willis Story, Norman Reedus' Best Fan-Licking Requests (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 22: To Plea or Not To Plea