Taylor Swift Debuts Music Video for New Single 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
The crossover country star goes fully pop in her latest clip.
The music video for Taylor Swift's latest breakup-inspired single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" features the oft-spurned country singer going fully pop, Katy Perry-style, with a coquettish wardrobe and carefree party scenes.
The clip premiered Thursday night on MTV and CMT. (You can view it here. If your name is Jake Gyllenhaal or Joe Jonas or John Mayer, and if you dumped Swift only to have a song written about you afterward, click on the link at your own risk.)
Swift, 22, is currently dating 18-year-old high school student Conor Kennedy, son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., so she's, like, so over her exes and moving on and not crashing Kennedy weddings.
In the clip, directed by Declan Whitebloom, who previously helmed Swift's "Mean" video, Swift snubs a game-playing former boyfriend who is tall, dark and handsome in a conventional male model-y way. As she throws a party in her big-girl city apartment (no more suburban-set angst this time), she jumps up and down with happy abandon, declaring they are never, ever getting back together. Meanwhile, her bandmates are decked out in animal costumes. Quirky! (Some might even compare it to the work of Michel Gondry.)
Earlier this month, Swift debuted the single and revealed the name of her new album, Red, scheduled for release Oct. 22. Asked in a YouTube web chat for details on her "We Are Never Getting Back to Together" target, Swift replied, “I’m trying not to be too cryptic with it, but I’m trying also not to give it away.”
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!